My own short list of favorite restaurants, cafes, and hangouts mostly in the Kitchener Waterloo area. These places have at least one of the following: a great atmosphere, above average personal service or food that is beyond the regular – you know, where you’d want to close your eyes to savor.
Feel free to add suggestions or to correct anything on here. As people often ask me for recommendations, I think this should serve as a good quick list. Please feel free to make suggestions – but only your best – I’m picky.
- Nick and Nat’s Uptown 21 For sure one of my favorite restaurants in the area, creative menu, great service, plus a can’t miss #BrownBagFriday – follow @nnuptown21 for details
- The Village Creperie & Bistro – Breakfast benny’s, buckwheat crêpes French atmosphere
- The Bauer Kitchen (for weekend breakfast and #cinqasept meetings) The attached cafe an Bakery has great dark coffee and avocado breakfast sandwiches
- Thrive Juice Bar -Fantastically healthy. Johnny, the owner, is personable and always trying to help
- The Boathouse (Victoria Park) – for the music and the food
- Casa Salsa (Kitchener Farmers Market) The mexican booth in the farmers market that serves up a spicy eggs rancheros
Cafes and Bakeries
- Sablétine Fine Pastries follow for lunch specials @Sabletine
- Cafe Pyrus – healthy, vegan, artsy environment
- DVLB (Death Valley’s Little Brother) Craft whisky espresso bar
- Honey Bake Shop (uptown waterloo) – one can tell this place has been influenced by someone in the graphic design field
- Thompson Hotel Diner– try the fried chicken
- Searsucker – probably one of the best dining experiences I’ve had while travelling in the United States- Very chic atmosphere and was given a personal tour and sent food to try by the chef, Brian Malarky (from Top Chef)